Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The End is NEAR!

Aloha!

Can't believe I only have less then 3 weeks left! Where did my semester go, and am I seriously graduating because I'm freaked out.

I am just trying to get all of the last minute things done around here. I am taking all of my finals early so I have been planning for those, and my departure date from Hilo is Saturday the 5th. I don't get home until the 6th around noon. It is really hard for me to realize that I am graduating because I'm here and not home. Nobody talks about graduating here and everyone is younger then me or not graduating yet so it just hasn't quite hit me yet. I look back and it seriously feels like I was just packing up to go 4 years ago, really actually is sad! Ok, bittersweet...really can't wait to be done with school right now!

I am so sad I missed Easter at home, and I did receive a text and a picture from just about every family member that was in the limo on Friday, so thank you all for making me feel even more SAD! I heard it was a lot of fun, and the saddest thing I have to say is for the first and last time ever, I ate McDonalds on Easter! I did however go on a trip around the island with 7 people from Louisiana. We did have a great time, we rented a jeep and drove all around the island, hitting most of the major spots and beaches. We camped for one night and all stayed in a hotel for the next night. It was a lot of fun, and y'all has officially become a part of my vocabulary because of them :)

As for hilo, nothing is really new around here. We did have the Merrie Monarch Festival held here last week, it is the biggest hula competition in the world, and they take it very seriously here. Tickets went on sale for this event last January and they were sold out within two days. It was crazy busy with people from everywhere, and it was broadcasted on TV as well. Most of my classes were cancelled for those few days because the Kumu's (teachers) wanted us to attend the event. Wednesday was the free night, that was the night we were all able to go to the festival if we wanted.

Believe it or not I have been job searching, freaks me out but it has to happen. I have been looking in the cities for places to work and I haven't found to much luck yet, I did get a call back though! Unfortunately they needed the position filled before I was returning, but it gives me hope!

I am panicking on how I am going to get everything I accumulated home in 2 suitcases, in fact I know it will be impossible, so we will see how that goes. I do have a few more things I am doing before I come back home. This weekend I am hoping to get some SUN! it has been rain rain rain here, and I am excited to get to the beach this weekend! Then next weekend I am actually going on a camping trip for a class, it is all weekend, and then that Sunday my roommate is picking me up and we are going to a Acoustic Jack Johnson concert! It is going to be an amazing way to end my trip here and I can't wait!!

Other then that I miss everyone and CANNOT wait to get home and see y'all!
I am glad it is snowing back home too, this warm winter everyone had makes me mad, because I know next will be horrible since I will be home for it!

See you soon!!!
Aloha
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment